Download the PDF of the Social Media Strategy Template
According to the 2017 Content Planning Challenges, Trends and Opportunities from DivvyHQ, 64% of top marketers polled said that “developing a comprehensive content strategy” is their top challenge, followed by keeping content creation on track with the strategy, staying organized, coming up with ideas and gathering team members for planning sessions.
The TEKsystems report on the skills CMOs want most in 2018 shows content strategy at #2 right after analytics and measurement.
The Rapid Growth of Social Media
- Almost three-quarters of all adults are active in social media, according to the Pew Research Center. 92% of marketers claim that social media marketing is important for their business.
- Nearly eight-in-ten online Americans (79%) now use Facebook, more than double the share that uses Twitter (24%), Pinterest (31%), Instagram (32%) or LinkedIn (29%). On a total population basis (accounting for Americans who do not use the internet at all), that means that 68% of all U.S. adults are Facebook users, while 28% use Instagram, 26% use Pinterest, 25% use LinkedIn and 21% use Twitter. (Source: Pew Research)
- Pinterest usage doubled between 2012 and 2015. Instagram has doubled its user base to 700 million monthly actives in two years. Pinterest is second only to Facebook in the amount of traffic it drives to websites. This is a clear indication of the growth in popularity of visual content.
Despite this rapid growth, only 38 percent of companies say they have a defined content strategy.
So about two-thirds of businesses are still “flying by the seat of their pants” when it comes to content and social media.
No wonder then, that there is so much discussion about how to measure results and a reluctance on the part of the CFO to fund programs that have no strategy or defined metrics.
Meritus Media Inc., a digital PR and social media agency helmed by Top 50 Social Media Influencer Sally Falkow, has developed a 10-point social media strategy template that can help any business define, plan and implement their social media programs Follow Sally on Twitter
- Listen to relevant conversations.
- Analyze the data gathered from this monitoring exercise.
- Set measurable goals that align with the overall business goals.
- Develop a content strategy based on the research and create an editorial calendar.
- Pick the right tools and platforms based on your research.
- Create and distribute the content to reach the right audiences.
- Identify key influencers that can help spread your key messages.
- Monitor, respond, engage and facilitate conversations.
- Measure results
- Adjust the program, as needed.
Meritus Media Inc. is offering a 30-minute content strategy consultation at no charge for any business that wants to improve content marketing results in 2017.
Call 888 243 3470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your free call.