Download the PDF of the Social Media Strategy Template here
Almost three-quarters of all adults are active in social media, according to the Pew Research Center. 92% of marketers claim that social media marketing is important for their business. 83 percent have a Twitter account and 80 percent are on Facebook – a ten percent increase since 2013. Pinterest has seen remarkable growth in the last three years: 11 (2%) F500 companies had a Pinterest account in 2012. That grew to 45 companies (9%) in 2013 and 2014 saw a massive jump to 178 (36%). This is a clear indication of the growth in popularity of visual content.
Despite this rapid growth of social media, only 38 percent of companies say they have a defined social media strategy.
So about two-thirds of businesses are still “flying by the seat of their pants” when it comes to social media. No wonder then that there is so much discussion about how to measure results and reluctance on the part of the CFO to fund programs that have no strategy or defined metrics.
Meritus Media Inc., a digital PR and social media agency helmed by Top 50 Social Media Influencer Sally Falkow, has developed a 10-point social media strategy template that can help any business define, plan and implement their social media programs in 2015.
- Map the brand’s social graph
- Listen to relevant conversations
- Analyze the data gathered from this monitoring exercise
- Set measurable goals that align with the overall business goals
- Identify key influencers that can spread your messages
- Develop a content strategy with an editorial calendar
- Pick the right tools and platforms based on your research
- Create and distribute the content to reach the right audiences
- Engage and facilitate conversations
- Measure results and adjust the program if needed
Meritus Media Inc. is offering a 15-minute social media strategy consultation at no charge for any business that wants to improve their social media results in 2016. Call 626 793 4911 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.